Saturday 13 December 2008

The Force is Strong on the Mac Side

After much thought and drooling over other people's, I finally bought an iPhone. I've had it for about a month and a half now and I have to confess that my conversion to church of Apple is now complete. For the first time ever all my contacts, diaries and e-mail accounts are in sync and up to date. I feel rather organised and virtuous. I have hardly switched on my PC since buying the Mac. The poor abandoned machine gets switched on periodically so that I can print but once I rearrange my network it will be visited even less frequently. Loving the iPhone but there are one or two things about it that annoy me:
  • To do lists do not sync from iCal - in my opinion this is a huge oversight and one that needs sorting very soon
  • Battery life is shocking - but I knew that before I bought it
  • I don't like the iPhone version of predictive text - it doesn't appear to learn your regularly used words and it is all to easy to send out a text with a random word substituted
  • All of the alarm tones are a bit weedy - none of them are guaranteed to wake me up
Other than that it is love all the way. May the force be with you.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness Kate, you are becoming a Wonder Web practitioner. I've just been following you through blog and youtube and twitter and facebook and I AM impressed. The Force is definitely with you! John.

    ReplyDelete